Search This Blog

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Painted Glass - First Attempt

I've been meaning to post this for a while now, and since I've been crafting all weekend, I have a backlog of posts to put up, so I might as well post some of the pieces I've completed in the past month or so.

As with many of my projects lately, I've seen a number of amazing ideas on Pinterest for painted vases and, of course, I figured I would try my hand at it.  I elected to use elastics and tape to make designs and painted a few dollar store vases with Americana Gloss Enamels.  Well, as will be clear below, I'm not trying that again any time soon.

However, in my frustration, I also tried another technique.  I splattered the paint around the bottom edge of a vase, using two colours, and gently blew on the paint to make it spread over the vase.  I adored how it turned out, so much so, I will be making a few more of these as Christmas gifts this year.  In fact, I've already started making a bunch more this weekend (post to come).

Here are pictures of the works in process:






(P.S. I'm loving Tim Hortons' Grey Cup themed coffee cup!)




Pictures of the final products (not my finest hour):







Pictures of the one that I actually like:

I'm already making more of these.  I love how the colours mixed as the paint was spreading around.  I will be posting more pictures of the process when I make a batch of these for Christmas gifts.




No comments:

Post a Comment