Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pinterest strikes again - DIY Wall Decor

Our house has a few areas that definitely need more art on the walls.  I've been looking at pieces at the typical stores but I've also been checking out Pinterest for potential DIY ideas.  I recently found a great idea using pages from books on a canvas on Pinterest via Blue Cricket Design.  The inspiration can be found here.


Items used:

- canvas (De Serres always has reasonable prices)
- book pages (any book you are not going to read again)
- glue or Mod Podge
- applicator sponge
- permanent marker
- bird shaped sticker (the inspiration piece drew the bird on, but I happened upon these really great laser-cut felt stickers that were too cute to resist)

Steps:

1. Glue the book pages onto the canvas in what ever arrangement is pleasing to you.



2. Apply top coat of Mod Podge and allow to dry.


3. Sketch a tree branch onto the pages and fill in with permanent marker.


4. Apply bird sticker (I used a little extra glue to ensure it would hold.)




Simple as that.  I don't have a great hand when it comes to drawing but I was pleased with the results.

I haven't decided where to hang this one but will update the post with an additional picture once it is up on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment