Search This Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2012

"Sunday Cake" - Lemon Cake with Raspberry Filling and Cream Cheese Frosting

My husband is not a huge sweets person, mostly because he is allergic to nuts and paranoid that desserts will kill him.  Over the years, he has refused to eat most desserts, cakes, cookies, etc. that I have made.  However, for some reason, this year he has decided that he likes cake.  So much so, this past weekend, he requested "Sunday cake", a throw-back term he uses to refer to family dinners a la Leave it to Beaver.  Actually, he's been asking for Sunday cake for a while now and it was the first time I actually gave in to the request.

I've made a lot of chocolate cakes lately so I suggested lemon cake.  I've wanted to try lemon cake with cream cheese frosting for a while.  I added raspberry jam to the filling as well.







Needless to say, the combination worked nicely.  I had one slice.  The cake is gone.  I think my husband liked it...

No comments:

Post a Comment