Search This Blog

Saturday, November 3, 2012

The things a girl does for her bestfriend

So, my bestfriend was throwing a party for her boyfriend's 40th birthday party.  For the party, she wanted to surprise him with a special cake.  What did she have in mind...a boob cake.  Fun idea, right?  Only problem, she doesn't bake.  But I do, so problem solved.

After a trip to an adult store to purchase the cake pan, the night before the party, she came over to help me bake the cake (the word "help" is relative - but we had a blast).  The boob cake pan wasn't very deep, so we also decided to place it on a smallish sheet cake.  I purposely overfilled the shape pan, as I would prefer to carve a flat surface rather than deal with the cake not rising evenly.



I decided to do a marble cake and I used Betty Crocker's Devil's Food and Vanilla mixes.  For the icing, I used two cans of Betty Crocker's Whipped Vanilla icing and one can of regular Vanilla (for the filling between the "layers" and for the crumb coat).


 
To make the skin tone, we used Wilton's Copper with a little Golden Yellow colouring.  For, er, anatomical correctness, we made a little bit of icing with Wilton's regular Pink for the nipples (I can't believe I just wrote that).  As always, I used gel colouring rather than liquid.

 


Surprisingly, I will say that it came out nicely and it got a great reaction at the party.





No comments:

Post a Comment