Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Raspberry and Blueberry Oatmeal Bars


As mentioned late last week, I have a few recipes I want to try.  These bars are very similar to a recipe I used to make when I was a teenage (no idea where the recipe has gone).  They are great little energy pick me ups.

I took the recipe from Allrecipes.com and the recipe called for the following:

Raspberry Oatmeal Cookie Bar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam - I decided to try both raspberry and blueberry jam.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper - this way, you can lift the bars right out of the pan for cooling purposes.

Combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and oats.  Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork and knife to form crumbs.


Save roughly 1/2 cup of mixture and press remaining 2 cups of mixture into bottom of the pan.  Spread the jam on pressed mixture.  Sprinkle remaining mixture on top and lightly press into the jam.




Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in preheated oven.


Allow to cool completely (very important!) before slicing into bars.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment