Search This Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Light and Fluffy Apple Muffins




Now that I have my stand mixer, the inevitable has happened - I'm baking for the sake of baking.  Today I decided to make banana bread (I'll give my recipe in a separate post) and Apple Muffins, which I have not made in years.  I love these muffins, with good sized chunks of apple, they are a nice alternative to junk food when a sweets craving hits.

Recipe:

2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger

1 cup milk
1 large egg (beaten)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1-1/2 cup chopped Granny Smith apple (peeled)

Steps:
1. Combine all dry ingredients in stand mixer (including sugar).  Do not use mixer to stir, use wooden spoon.
2. In separate bowl, combine milk, egg, oil and apple.
3. Pour wet ingredients into dry, and mix on low speed until just incorporated.
4. Line muffin pan with paper liners.  Fill each, recipe should make a full dozen.



5. Bake for 20 minutes at 400F.


No comments:

Post a Comment