Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Crafting - O' Christmas Wreath, O' Christmas Wreath

I earlier wrote about some of the fall wreaths I made last year (see With Fall Comes Wreaths for instructions and necessary materials - just change up the seasonal flowers, I find that Walmart usually has a great selection of faux flowers for Christmas at far more reasonable prices than Michaels).  I haven't had time to make any Christmas wreaths this year, but I made so many last year that I really don't have anyone left to give them to and my house only has so many doors.

Here's some pictures from the making of a couple Christmas wreaths that I gave to my parents and in-laws last year:







I also made a few for sale at my law firm's charity craft/bake sale last year for the annual United Way fundraising campaign, one of which is below:




I often found myself with too much ribbon or left over flowers, so I cut up some cardboard and glued it into the shape of small planters or vases.  I covered the cardboard with the left over ribbon and inserted flower Styrofoam, into which I placed the leftover flowers.  These actually turned out quite cute:



No comments:

Post a Comment