Search This Blog

Sunday, September 9, 2012

With Fall Comes Wreaths

Last fall, my favourite items to make were wreaths.  It seemed like any spare time I had was spent making wreaths for our house, friends and family.  My particular favourite design typically used the following:

Grapevine wreath
Fall bouquets (mums etc.)
Faux berries
Maple leaves
Homemade bows using wired ribbon
Glue gun
Grosgrain or satin ribbon (1" wide)

Typically, I lay out the flowers on the wreath to get a sense of how many I will need and then I wrap the wreath with the grosgrain/satin.  I also would use the grosgrain/satin ribbon to create the loop for hanging.  Before gluing the flowers into place, I attach the bow (usually at the bottom) using flower wire.

Next, starting at the top and working my way down to the bow, alternating sides to keep the design even, I glue the flowers into place using the glue gun.  Finally, I glue the finishing pieces (berries, leaves) into place.

Here are a couple of designs from last falls (I'll add more when I make some this year):






No comments:

Post a Comment