Search This Blog

Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Crafting - Framed monogram

A little while ago, I tried making a monogram using rolls of book pages.  You can see the prior post here.

I loved this idea and now that I've tried it, I've thought of several ways to adapt this idea for gifts.  For my sister-in-law, as a Christmas gift, rather than making the monogram on a cutout letter, I bought a simple frame with a 1/4 inch plywood insert.I painted the insert red, and from there I cut out the necessary book page strips, rolled (using glue) 50 strips.


It's important that you have various lengths if you want to create the letter with tapering.  I used paper glue again, it seems to work well with both the rolls of paper and the wood.




As a final accent, I made two small felt flowers and attached those using a glue gun.





As an aside, I think this idea would be lovely if adapted for the first initial of a new baby's name, with suitable colours used.  For the book pages, you could use a children's book (at the very least, to be sure that no inappropriate words are visible).


No comments:

Post a Comment