Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Animal Shape - Mix and Match Wall Art



I saw a lovely idea for silhouettes done with mismatched prints at Project Nursery (here).

I absolutely fell in love with this and decided I had to do something similar for the nursery.  I wanted to do animal prints and again, the prints had to be neutral - nothing overtly boy or girl.

I decided to use an alligator, giraffe, lion, monkey and elephant.  Our bedding will likely carry this animal/jungle theme throughout (especially the giraffe and monkey - I have a thing for those animals in particular).

I picked out what I think is a nice mix between vibrant and soft prints (that wouldn't clash with the wall colours), traced the animals, cut out the shapes and the appropriate sizes for the background prints, glued the animals to the background and put them into their frames.


I think the giraffe is my favourite.  









Voila - done!  Well, sort of.  I still have to attach ribbon to the back to create hooks to hang the frames from but that can wait until the room is painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment