Search This Blog

Monday, March 11, 2013

Its beginning to look a lot like a nursery...


I know I'm only half way (18 weeks and 4 days to go, but who's counting), but I've decided on what I wanted in the nursery.  So after a couple weeks of puttering around and only doing some of the wall decorations, I finally convinced my hubby to clear everything out so that the room could be painted.


We used the Behr Paint and Primer in One in Satin finish and, as mentioned a few posts ago, I picked "Opal Silk", which I think works for a girl or a boy.  So, finally, the painting could begin.

I decided that I wanted to keep most of the walls the current shade of brown but do a feature wall with stripes running through the two side walls.

I set about taping out the stripes and making sure everything was level.
(Note, all pictures were taken with my Blackberry, so some are not too crisp.  My apologies.)



I also decided to bravely try one of the edging devices, so as not to have tape off the corners of the feature wall or any trim etc.  The SHUR-LINE edger works surprisingly well, provided that you don't overload it with paint or accidentally smear the front edge with wet paint.




I love, love, love the Behr Paint and Primer in One products, they truly are exceptional in their ability to limit the number of coats.  I was actually happy with the finish after only one coat.

We also bought some storage bins and decals and I put those up as well.


Originally, I was going paint the closet doors but I decided to keep them white and add the decals.  I think they are too cute.  They are from the Toyland collection at Babies R Us.

Now, we just need to put the dresser, change table and crib together and I need to get a glider.  Then, all that's left is putting up the rest of the decor (which will probably include one or two more projects).

No comments:

Post a Comment