Search This Blog

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Paint Chip Mobile - Baby Nursery



There are a million posts on the internet about how to make a mobile using paint chips.  I really adore the look of these and decided to make one to hang from the nursery ceiling. 

I used paint chips including shades of browns and greens/teals that will match the wall colours (once they get painted).

I tied some beige string to an embroidery hoop.  I decided not to paint it and left the hoop in natural wood grain.

I elected to have nine strands hanging from the mobile (a centre strand - 12 inches, 4 middle strands - 10 inches, 4 outer strands - 8 inches) and started by laying out the design and order in which the colours would be set.  I cut the out necessary pieces with a 3/4 inch punch and also cut out larger squares for the centre strand.

Each strand was made by gluing two pieces together around the strand, leaving space in between each.



Once all nine strands were ready and had dried, I tied them to the embroidery hoop and also tied string to create a way to hang the mobile.

(As with all of the nursery decor, I will post an update with pictures once the nursery has been painted and set up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment