Search This Blog

Saturday, March 2, 2013

20 weeks down, 20 weeks to go

I haven't been baking or crafting much lately, in large part due to a significant change in our lives.  I'm pregnant and haven't had a tonne of energy to do too much more than work and nap.

Ive been feeling pretty good lately and now that we're at the half way point, its time to start preparing for our soon-to-be summer baby (due in July).

I pretty much have the nursery decided upon.  Our plan right now is that we aren't telling anyone the baby's gender - it will be a secret for my hubby and I to share.  As a result, everything I've been planning is pretty neutral.

The walls in the nursery are already a nice shade of brown and we are going to paint one of the walls with a feature colour with stripes going through the other walls.  (Pictures to come once painting actually gets done.)
The current colour is pretty close to this shade by Behr:



I've decided that the feature colour will be a shade of green and after looking at what feels like a hundred colours, have chosen Opal Silk by Behr (see below).

BEHR Premium Plus Ultra 8 oz. #UL220-5 Opal Silk Interior/Exterior Paint Sample

We have also picked out all of our furniture for the nursery, all of which will be white:

Metro 3 in 1 Convertible Crib by Benjamin furniture Rosa Change Table by Benjamin furniture

Barcelona 5 Drawer Dresser by Billy - Cotton WhiteSolid wood construction, metal ball bearings for an incredibly smooth gliding motion

Apart from painting, I still have all of the decor to pick out and finish off.  I've already selected three craft projects to do rather than purchase store bought items:

1. Mobile
2. Animal Prints
3. "Art"

I will also be making the drapes, laundry hamper, and a wall design featuring the baby's name (one of the last things to be done, so that the gender surprise remains in tact).

In the next post, I'll start by showing the mobile.




No comments:

Post a Comment