Search This Blog

Monday, April 29, 2013

Nursery Update - Name/Initials Wall Art



I've made some wall art with the baby's name/initials for above the crib.

For this wall art, I purchased 8 by 8 (inch that is) canvases.

I taped each one using Frogtape (which we had left over from painting the nursery) to create stripes.  The stripes are about an inch or so each.

I painted the open spaces with a really great shade of blue/green from Americana - Bahama Blue.  On the canvas it looks very close to the Tiffany's teal.  Do as many coats as necessary to get the coverage you want.

I removed the tape before the paint is fully dry.  But for one small spot, the tape did its job beautifully.


For the name/initials, I found really great wooden letters in the craft section of a local Walmart.  I didn't want anything too big, so they are about 3-4 inches in height.  I painted these with Mink Pearl, a metallic shade from Americana.

Once the canvas and letters were dry, I attached them with a little wood glue and hot glue on the backs of each letter.

This was a relatively cheap project and works great for short names or initials (especially if the name is long-ish).

I'm just showing the first initial (both potential names start with "E" - Elizabeth and Euan).  Once we can put the entire piece up, I will post additional pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment