Search This Blog

Friday, August 30, 2013

Baby sewing projects - Headbands


We are starting to get into a bit of a routine that works for us as Little E is 7 weeks old.  As a result, I have been able to work in some time to sew some simple projects.  Over the next few days I will post the results of a few recent projects, including in process photos where I remembered to take them.  Where applicable, I will also post links to great websites where I got the instructions from.

If you have seen other entries on the blog, it is clear that my baby is a boy.  However, my best friend was also pregnant this year and had a beautiful little girl.  On Pinterest I saw a link to instructions for very simple jersey headbands for babies.  Included in the instructions is a chart providing the approximate lengths of material that work for different ages, up to and including adult - and yes, I made a couple basic headbands for myself.

I bought a few pieces of solid t-shirt jersey material in light blue, navy blue and purple.  One of the benefits of using jersey is that you don't have to be perfect, since the material naturally rolls up so you don't have to hem the edges.

I followed the instructions in the link above, so I won't bore you by repeating them and there are really good pictures included.  Below are a few in process pictures. I did not however glue the rosettes on to the headband, rather I sewed them on.





The one on the right has a felt rosette.



No comments:

Post a Comment