Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My fascination with fascinators

I'm too busy to load and post pictures of more recent crafting that I've done (plus I'm not too pleased with the outcome of a project that I will post about in the next week or so).  So, I figured it was time to reveal that one of my vices is fascinators.  I have always loved fascinators and ornate hair pieces.  I don't know if its my UK heritage coming through but I personally think that a fascinator is a mandatory accessory at any event for which you must dress up.  However, I can't bring myself to pay some of the prices out there for nice pieces. 

At some point last year, I decided that I had the crafting ability to make my own (flight of fancy, delusional thinking or naive exuberance - take your pick).  Somehow that resulted in me making more than 20 different fascinators (yes, I still have to find room for them all), including several for friends. 

I took a tonne of pictures (not all of them are very good, its time for a new camera) and figured I should post some here. Here are a few pictures of some of my favourite fascinators I made in 2011 and I'll post more when I have an occasion to make another piece:

 The first is a small clip I wear to work occasionally.

 I love the combination of purple and black.





I quite liked this design and made it in several colours and materials.  The red and black is my favourite and really stands out.


These last two are smaller and great for everyday wear.

These are just a small selection and I'll try to add more pictures in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment