Search This Blog

Saturday, October 13, 2012

I think I'm addicted...

...to making painted pumpkins.  I couldn't help myself, I saw a couple more designs I wanted to paint, so I bought two more faux pumpkins to paint and spent a couple hours this afternoon painting more pumpkins.  At this point, my husband just shakes his head, but secretly, I know he loves them too.

For materials and tools, you can look at two prior posts describing what I prefer to use ("I take my pumpkins painted, not carved" and "Hallowe'en - My favourite crafting time of year").

Of course I made another black and white one with a "scary" face (e.g., more traditional jack-o-lantern, sans the carving of course).  I broke with my usual design esthetic (black and white) and made a green one that is a little bit Frankenstein inspired.


Black and White:
(The picture on my ipod was the inspiration, I found it by Googling "halloween scary face design".)


Frankenkin:

Both:


I think I need help - but they're so fun to make...  I'll be sure to put up a picture of the whole collection together on the front porch for Hallowe'en.

No comments:

Post a Comment